Statement of FaithWhat We Believe
What We Believe
The ministry team at FHI is made up of individuals from different local churches from around the Sandpoint area, which are unified in their belief around the basic foundational tenets of the Christian faith set forth in our Statement of Faith.
Freedom House Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the infallible, inerrant, verbal, plenary, inspired Word of God in its original manuscripts, and it is our final authority in faith and practice.
(Psalm 119:160; Mark 13:31; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three Persons, equal, yet filling different roles: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 119:68; Isaiah 45:21-22; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Colossians 1:15-17; 1 John 4:13-14)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit; born of the virgin Mary; as true God and true man, lived a sinless life; was crucified; died; was buried; bodily resurrected; ascended into heaven; and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, until He returns to rule and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
(Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 1:19-22; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:18; Hebrews 4:15; 10:12-13; Revelation 19:11-16)
4. We believe that man was created, male and female, in the image of God and was originally sinless. Because Adam and Eve chose to disobey God (sin), all men are now sinners both by nature and by choice, guilty, under the sentence of death and eternal separation from God, totally unable to pay their debt or save themselves.
(Genesis 1:26-28, 31; 3:1-24; Isaiah 64:6; Mathew 25:41; John 3:3, 18-19, 36; Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12; 6:16, 20, 23; Revelation 20:10-15)
5. We believe in personal salvation by grace alone through faith alone in the sacrificial, substitutionary death of Christ alone for our sins. Whosoever repents, confesses that Jesus is Lord and believes in his heart that Christ died for his sins according to the Scriptures and that He was buried, and that He was bodily raised from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures will be saved from the penalty of his sins and be born again.
(Luke 24:47; John 1:12; 3:5-6, 16-17; 6:40; Acts 2:38; 4:12; Romans 5:8-10; 6:23; 10:9-10, 13; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Timothy 2:3-4; Titus 3:4-6)
6. We believe that born again believers are new creations in Christ, freed from the bondage of sin, indwelt and empowered by the Holy Spirit to progressively grow in understanding the Bible, in praying, in trusting and obeying God, in having victory over sin, in loving God and others, in using the specific spiritual gifts the Holy Spirit has given to each of them, in serving others, and in bringing honor and glory to God from a pure heart.
(John 17:17, 19; Romans 6:11-14; 8:1-4; 12:1-2, 6, 9; 1 Corinthians 10:13, 31; 12:4, 11; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, 17; Galatians 5:22-25; Ephesians 2:10; 5:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 1 Peter 1:2; 2:2; 4:10-11; 2 Peter 3:18)